Welcome to Wireless Livestreaming
Break free from the complicated setup and tangle of cables typically needed to connect cameras, computers, and switchers for multi-camera livestreaming. With just an iPad and a few mobile phones, the revolutionary Roland AeroCaster system will have you wirelessly switching and streaming on your favorite platform in minutes.
AeroCaster makes it easy and affordable for anyone to create a wireless multi-camera setup with pro-level production quality. Leveraging the A/V power of the mobile devices that everyone carries, our breakthrough system opens up a new world of creative possibilities for any livestreaming application, from online talk shows and music performances to live commerce, remote education, and beyond.
- Powerful wireless production solution with hardware control surface/audio interface and full-featured iPad app
- Switch up to four wireless devices simultaneously, plus the camera on the host iPad
- Supports wireless camera connections from up to four supported iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
- Wirelessly share screens from computers and mobile devices via the Google Chrome web browser
- Switch between cameras, media, and scenes with a variety of transition effects
- Save and recall 30 scenes with titles, graphics, and picture-in-picture windows
- Media pool for integrating video, audio, photos, and graphics stored on your iPad
- Stream directly to YouTube, Facebook Live, Twitch, and custom RTMP channels over Wi-Fi or 4G/5G cellular networks
- Intuitive hardware control surface and audio interface with two XLR inputs, 3.5 mm stereo input, and headphones and monitor outputs
The Swiftest, Simplest Switcher Setup
AeroCaster is a super-powerful A/V switching system that’s incredibly versatile and easy to configure. In almost no time, you’ll be streaming multiple cameras and high-quality audio to YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and custom RTMP channels over a Wi-Fi or 4G/5G cellular network.
The AeroCaster system consists of the AeroCaster LIVE app for iPad, the AeroCaster VRC-01 hardware control surface and audio interface, and the AeroCaster Camera app for iOS and Android mobile devices. BYOD screen sharing from computers and mobile devices is also supported.
Connect with Your Favorite Streaming Platform
AeroCaster provides an easy wireless connection to the leading streaming platforms. And your purchase of the system gives you full access to all AeroCaster features, with no subscription fee required.
Capture Video from Five Sources
In addition to remote video capture from four mobile devices, you can access a fifth live video source using the camera on the iPad.
One-touch Changes with Scenes
Create up to 30 scene presets with text overlays, graphics (including transparent PNG files), picture-in-picture windows, or split-screen views.
Pro Video Effects Made Easy
Use cuts, cross-dissolves, and wipes for smooth, real-time transitions.
Access iPad Media Content
Create titles and play video clips, photos, and graphics from your iPad’s image library.
The Camera You Need Is in Your Pocket
You don’t always need expensive DSLRs and camcorders for everyday video productions. With the AeroCaster system, you can take full advantage of the amazing cameras in the latest phones and use them as high-quality inputs for your livestream.
Easy Video Capture with Wireless Freedom
With all-wireless connectivity, you can use readily available stationary mounts to put the phones in places where it’s difficult to use a traditional camera. And with affordable gimbal mounts, you’re able to capture stabilized mobile shots from as far as your wireless network will reach.
Fine-Tune All Your Cameras from One Place
Once mobile devices are connected to AeroCaster LIVE, you have remote access to all their advanced camera settings from within the app. Balance and match the image between different phone cameras and control settings like focus, zoom, exposure, white balance, and more.
Wireless Screen Sharing with Google Chrome
AeroCaster Live also provides a simple solution for screen sharing from computers and mobile devices. Presenters can easily connect via the Google Chrome browser over Wi-Fi, with no cables, video adaptors, or dongles needed.
Combine Amazing Visuals with Great Sound
The AeroCaster hardware interface handles all your audio input and output needs with the power of a small broadcast mixer. Using simple and straightforward controls, one person can manage video switching and audio mixing all at once—with no prior production experience required.
Hear What Your Audience Hears
With the ability to monitor your audio mix through headphones or connected monitor speakers, you’ll know that your livestream viewers are hearing the content you’re delivering.
Stream with Top Audio Quality
The AeroCaster hardware features two combo inputs for connecting XLR microphones, electronic musical instruments, or a live sound console. And with a wide range of onboard effects, your talent will always sound their best. The headphones jack supports a feed from a headset mic or the mic on your earbuds for a third vocal source, and you can bring in additional audio from a mobile device or music player via the 3.5 mm stereo input.
Play Your Theme Music
From within the AeroCaster LIVE app, you have integrated access to media content stored on iCloud Drive. Play your opening theme to start the stream, trigger bumpers between breaks, or simply add some cool background music or sound effects whenever you like.*
- AEROCASTER VRC-01
- MIC 1, 2 jacks: Combo type (XLR, 1/4-inch TRS phone), balanced, phantom power (DC 48 V, 4 mA Max)
LINE IN jack: Stereo miniature type
MONITOR OUT jack: RCA phono type
PHONES/HEADSET jack: Stereo miniature type (Stereo, CTIA-type)
DC IN 5V port: USB Type-C (R)
DEVICE port: USB Type-C (R)
- MIC 1 LEVEL fader
MIC 2 LEVEL fader
LINE IN LEVEL fader
MAIN LEVEL fader
MIC 1 COMP/LIMITER knob
MIC 2 COMP/LIMITER knob
MIC 1 GAIN knob
MIC 2 GAIN knob
LOOP BACK knob
HEADSET/ONBOARD MIC knob
LIP SYNC DELAY knob
MIC 1 +48V switch
MIC 2 +48V switch
- Nominal Input Level
- MIC 1, 2 jacks: -60 to +4 dBu (Maximum input level: +24 dBu)
LINE IN jacks: -10 dBu (Maximum input level: +10 dBu)
- Input Impedance
- MIC IN 1, 2 jacks: 10 k ohms (ANALOG GAIN < 24 dBu), 5 k ohms (ANALOG GAIN < 24 dBu)
LINE IN jacks: 15 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- MONITOR OUT jacks: -10 dBu (Maximum output level: +10 dBu)
PHONES/HEADSET jack: 15 mW + 15 mW (32 ohms load)
- Output Impedance
- MONITOR OUT jacks: 1 k ohms
- Audio Effects
- Delay, Reverb, HPF, Noise Gate, De-Esser, Compressor, Limiter
- Power Supply
- USB AC adaptor (commercially available)
* Recommended to use an USB AC adaptor that can supply 5V, 1.0 A or more.
USB Bus power
- Current Draw
- 700 mA (AC adaptor)
500 mA (USB bus power)
- Operation Temperature
- +0 to +40 degrees Celsius
+32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit
- 220(W) x 166(D) x 60(H) mm
8-11/16(W) x 6-9/16(D) x 2-3/8(H) inches
- Weight (without cables)
- 600 g
1 lb 6 oz
- Leaflet "Read Me First"
USB Type-C to Lightning cable
USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- Video Input
- Satellite camera
Built-in camera (iPad).
* 5 inputs in total
* Satellite cameras can be used with AeroCaster Camera or Web browser.
* Need to install the “AeroCaster Camera” App on your iPhone and Android Phone.
* “Browser source” use PC or mobile devices (iOS, Android OS) via Google Chrome web browser.
* Codec:H.264 Bitrate:Up to 20Mbps
- Video Processing
- RGB 4:4:4, 8-bit
* Depends on iPad internal processing
* Video input will be converted automatically.
- Input Formats
- Up to 1080/30p
* Automatically adjusts resolution and frame rate according to network bandwidth.
- Output Formats
- Up to 1080/60p
* Reccommend Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter or Apple Lightning-Digital AV Adapter.
- Still image and video and audio playback
- Up to 100.
* Use still images and videos saved in the iPad.
* File format conforms to iOS Photo Library.
* PNG alpha channel supported.
* Support mp4(aac), m4a(aac), mp3, wav as audio source.
- Up to 30.
* Text, Media (Overlay), PinP, SPLIT, QUAD are either can be registered.
- Video Effects
- Transition: CUT, MIX (DISSOLVE), WIPE
DSK (overlay): Text, Media
Composition: PinP, KEY (Luminance Key, Chroma Key), Simple telop function
* PNG alpha channel composition supported
- Audio Processing
- Sampling Rate: 24 bits, 48 kHz
- Streaming Platform
- YouTube Live
* Custom RTMP supported
- Format : MP4 (H.264/AAC)
Bitrate : 1Mbps?10Mbps
- Other Functions
- (Zoom, Exposure, White Balance, Focus, LED Light, Stabilization)
* Depends on smart phone or tablet
- OPERATING CONDITIONS
- AeroCaster LIVE (for iPad)
- Operating System:
iOS 14 or later
Apple A12 processor or better (A12Z or better is recommended)
- AeroCaster Camera (for iPhone, iPad)
- Operating System:
iOS 13 or later
Apple A10 processor or better (iPhone 7 or higher recommended)
- AeroCaster Camera (for Android)
- Operating System:
Android 10 or later
Models with H.264 hardware encoder
Screen resolution 1280x720 or higher
Equipped with two or more cameras in front and rear